Android and Linux

On Aug 3, 2010, at 9:50 PM, Chris O'Connell wrote:

> I'm curious... I don't use an Android phone, but I'm curious if there are
> any packages available for popular linux distributions that allow you to
> integrate your Android phone with Linux Apps.  Is there a utility to backup
> your phone through Linux?  How about synchronizing with popular contact or
> calendar applications?

Sync is handled through Google Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Voice/etc.

I use ASTRO, a file manager, to do my app/data backups internally but there is probably something better out there.

I'm not sure what else might be in the vein you're looking for.  Android is designed to be linked to the cloud, not a desktop.

--Rich P.