Frackin script kiddies!!

So... if I understand your argument, it can be summed up as "banks do it so it must be good."

If so then the premise itself is flawed: it isn't good.  It was cheap and easy to implement 10 years ago and provided the semblance of security.  And now we're stuck with it because Gramma doesn't see the need for encryption tokens and security certificates.  It's too costly for the banks, etc., to convert everything over to a genuinely secure system and retrain millions of users to use it.

--Rich P.