Android and Linux

Eric Chadbourne wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but when somebody mentioned the "Apple way of doing
> things" ?, it reminded me of a family member.  They had a wintel.
> Totally screwed it up.  Went from computer to virus collection to door
> stop.  Then they got a Mac.  It seems to be more efficient than the
> wintel as it's skipping the viruses and going straight to door stop.  I
> took a quick look at it and they had executables all over the place.
> Sometimes duplicate versions of programs in different places.  It's the
> prettiest heat producer in the house.  I guess my point is it's the
> person and not so much the machine.
>
> Eric C.  - the one who's computer and phone run Linux!

... And it has been ever thus.  Even back when I had a Mac SE 30 on my
desk with an external 30MB hard drives, I would get messages like "ERROR
-40".  Why couldn't they focus on better error messages and
troubleshooting rather than getting the screen saver's fish to swim
across both monitors?  Because they want to hide as many details as
possible.  That is their way.  Locked-down systems generally stay
trouble-free longer.

Macs are, in general, much more trouble-free.  However, once they get
messed up, there's no knowing how to fix it.  I assume that's much
better now that it's POSIX under the covers, but I don't know.  With
Windows, you got much more helpful error messages (because they weren't
trying to hide the details to the same extent), but you get them much
more often.