RAID1 or LVM quesiton

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 05:31:15PM -0400, Ian Levesque wrote:

> >> Then it's not a software RAID (otherwise you'd have formatted them 'fd').
> >>

> > Actually it is:
> > [gaf at boslc06 ~]$ sudo mdadm -q /dev/sdb1
> > /dev/sdb1: is not an md array
> > /dev/sdb1: device 1 in 2 device undetected raid1 /dev/md0.  Use mdadm
> > --examine for more detail.
>
> So, `fdisk -l /dev/sdb` tells you that sdb1 is type '8e'? If so, sounds like someone messed up when they formatted those disks :)

Remember, it's an advisory flag, not part of actually
constructing the filesystem.  You can set anything you want, and
the only drawback that I'm aware of is that you won't be able
to have some things happen automatically.

(Nevertheless, it's a good idea.)

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.