Oracle Sues Google Over Android

On Aug 17, 2010, at 12:25 AM, David Kramer wrote:

> You don't think companies install Fedora instead of RHEL?  Of course
> RHEL benefits from Fedora and vice verse, but some RHEL sales are lost
> to those that install Fedora and deal with the upgrades and maintenance.

I know that they do... but it is rare, in my experience, for production systems to favor Fedora over Enterprise Linux and, when you're running QA for those production systems you use Enterprise Linux so that your environments match.  In practice, those that want to run Enterprise Linux without paying for the support contract run CentOS or one of the similar derivatives.  They don't run Fedora.

> The commercial version of MySQL competed with the free version of MySQL.

Not exactly the same as the Fedora/RHEL relationship but similar enough.  They don't compete with each other; they compliment each other.

--Rich P.