Free vs. pay versions

On Aug 22, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Sure. But a certification is not a piece of software. We're talking
> about the software used to build RHEL and the software distributed by
> Red Hat.

We're discussing Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  If you don't have the certifications then it isn't Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

> These are also separate products from RHEL though, not something on
> the RHEL distribution discs, so while they're not vague recollections,
> they're still not binary-only bits shipped in RHEL. :)

Incorrect.  RHCS was first distributed as a binary-only release on the Advanced Server 2 discs.  No source code.  I looked.  It didn't exist on the discs, nor on Red Hat's FTP site.

--Rich P.