Outlook sync with Google Calendar

On 08/27/2010 11:38 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
>> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On
>> Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
>>
>> Other than business requirements, why would anyone want to use Outlook=

>> when there are many other excellent email programs available for the
>> Mac. Outlook has been the most attacked email program, and while most
>> of
>> these attacks have targeted Windows, neither Macs nor Linux are
>> invulnerable.
>>    =20
> Not to engage in what's obviously a biased opinion borderline flame tro=
ll
> message, I like outlook & exchange the best, both as a home user,
> professional user, and an administrator; and I get better reliability a=
nd
> features compared to any alternative I can find.  And I've tried many
> alternatives on OSX and Linux, including google apps web interface.  I
> continually revisit and re-explore alternatives, for the sake of knowin=
> what's out there, and which things are best in which ways.
>
> I will not say outlook is the best at everything.  Just overall.  For
> example, Mail.app, IMHO, has the best message threading.
>

>  =20
What I said was that Outlook is the most targeted email program. I once
ran a set of statistics based on reported attacks. I'm not getting into
what people like personally. I use Outlook at work, but I personally
prefer Claws, Pegasus or Thunderbird. The one nice thing aout Outlook in
a corporate environment is the you can send a calendar entry, and it is
cleaner than Google.
Again, let me reiterate my point is that Outlook has been the most
targeted, and while most of the serious security gaps have been fixed,
it is still the most targeted because it is (or they since there are a
number of different Outlooks) the most widely used in corporations and
on personal systems (Outlook Express).

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846