Gray Hair? Read and Weep!

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Mark Woodward <markw-FJ05HQ0HCKaWd6l5hS35sQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/28/silicon-valley%E2%80%99s-dark-secret-it%E2%80%99s-all-about-age/

>From the article:
"As well, the older worker likely has a family and needs to leave by 6 pm,
whereas the young can pull all-nighters"

I think this is a generalization that is probably not as true as some would
like to think.  Perhaps the 22-23 year old fresh out of college might be
willing to stay late, but once you enter the mid/late-20s a whole slew of
issues pops up to prevent working long hours.

I'm sure we all have anecdotes to support either side, but I've worked at
companies with plenty of young (late 20s) engineers who either due to their
young family or social life are not willing or able to stay very late...

I've also seen a fair number of older guys who are perfectly willing to stay
late because their kids are out of the house (at college or otherwise) and
they jump at the chance for a free dinner and the chance to cheat on a diet
:)