preferred linux distro for workstation usage?

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Ryan Pugatch <rpug-vYTEC60ixJUAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Today, I was curious so I installed the latest version of Ubuntu on my
> laptop to see how it is as I haven't used it for a few years.  I am
> just using the stock install, no tweaks or customizations.  It gets
> the job done.

Since no one else has yet, I'll throw in my hat for openSUSE. Why? I like a
Linux distro that's highly configurable, offers a modern desktop experience,
and providers GUI access to a lot of lower-level configuration for those
times when I don't feel like fumbling around in man pages and configuration
files. So for me, openSUSE with KDE and YaST is a good match. Kubuntu is
great, too, and I often switch back and forth between the two.