pfSense

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> One of the reasons pfSense isn't as widely used as the various
> Linux-based WRT firmwares is that the latter runs on semi-proprietary
> hardware, and typically depends on proprietary drivers. It would be
> great if you could get pfSense to run on sub-$100 hardware.

I just bought a alix kit off ebay for $110 + shipping.  The kit included the
2 port ALIX board, 1GB CFcard, metal case, and power supply.  The seller has
a bunch of them.  Here's a link to his ebay store.
http://myworld.ebay.com/pandorashope/

In order to flash the image to the CF card you'll need a CF card reader.
 And a serial cable and computer with a serial port or usb to serial adapter
may be helpful to debug issues.

--
David