Best practice for production servers: To reboot or not to reboot?

"Windows Servers" have historically needed rebooting monthly or
quarterly at best.  Depending on the applications I have used some
that required weekly reboots (bad memory leaks!)

Most UNIX based machines I have used went until the power failed
but at one bank we did annual reboots, because building power
was taken down for building maintenance annually.

Other places quarterly maintenance was scheduled, so we rebooted if it was
needed by the maintenance to be applied or the boss insisted.  But for most
UNIX machines I think quarterly is usually overkill.  I have seen some
Windows servers
do nicely with quarterly reboots, but very application based.