Google Talk on Fedora 13 with USB earphones/mic

On 09/13/2010 02:31 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On 09/13/2010 01:33 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
>  =20
>> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>  =20
>>    =20
>>> I want to be able to use Google for a conference call. I successfully=

>>> installed the 64bit plugin on Fedora 13. I'm using a SoundBlaster Are=
na
>>> USB earphones with a microphone. I can use the earphones and mic with=

>>> sound recorder, but on Google Talk (actually Google Chat) I cannot ge=
>>> the mic to work.
>>>    =20
>>>      =20
>> If you're running GNOME, select System, Preferences, Sound from the me=
nu.

>> The "Input" tab has a dropdown labeled "Connector" that should list
>> your hardware, if it's detected (otherwise, check the Hardware tab).
>> Select your microphone and ensure the "Mute" checkbox is un-ticked.
>>
>>  =20
>>    =20
> As I mentioned before, everything works on sound recorder. And it is no=
> mute. I also have an on/off button on the mic. I've got some additional=

> testing I want to do also.
>
>  =20
Just an update. I did a test this weekend and it regressed. Using
system/preferences/sound the microphone was detected, but the mic would
not produce any sounds. In my earlier test shortly after I got the
earphones this worked fine, and I was able to record sounds with it.

I ran a second test with Ubuntu 10.04 on my netbook, and the same thing,
no sounds from the mic.

Third test, I booted into Windows 7 on the netbook, and everything
worked fine, and I was able to make a call with Google Phone.

I have different configurations. Ubuntu is straight pulse audio,
whatever was installed initially plus updates. Fedora 13 has a few other
things added, such as ALSA

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846