MythTV related question: HD Comcast channels in Cambridge

On 9/22/10 12:38 PM, Quinten Steenhuis wrote:
> recording--however, I was missing the power supply. If I buy a powered
> indoor antenna, am I likely to pick up a good number of local HD
> stations? I don't think I can afford to install an antenna on the roof
> at this point.

I can't answer most of your questions, but I can tell you that you can
do surprisingly well with a directional antenna (in the $40 price range)
in your attic (of course, if you have one).  There are some good
websites which let you put in your address and they'll show you which
way to point to the various broadcast antennas.  A compass or good sense
of direction is then all you need to orient your antenna in the most
promising direction.  I managed to get about a dozen high quality OTA HD
stations this way, although I've now mounted the antenna on the roof in
a *very* jury rigged manner (attached to an old piece of wood, and
nailed in to the side of an attic venting sun roof).  I do get more
stations with the outdoor mounting.

Ian