Comcast outage

About 4PM yesterday, my email went offline and I was no longer able to
log into my system from work. I contacted Comcast and they told me there
was an outage for about 12-24 hours :)

As I was driving home, my wife called me and told me that we had no
power. A truck hit a telephone pole on the corner of our street and
nocked out power. She spoke to the cop, and they were waiting for
Verizon to deliver a new pole. I guess the poles in my neighborhood
belong to Verizon and not NSTAR. No matter.

The power outage and the Comcast outage were unrelated. I'm not sure
what the cause of the Comcast outage was at this time. This would be one
of the few times I've had a Comcast outage (except for the previous time
a truck hit the same pole).

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846