SGE now called OGE, no longer free

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 19:14 -0400, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> you won't be able to use the copyrighted product name.

You mean trademarked. Trademarks and copyrights are different.

> somebody wants to strike out on their own and fork and develop the
> product for free...

Why would they develop it for free? I thought the idea of FOSS was to
invest in software development that you or your business required as a
matter of operation. Not charity.

> The main competitor is LSF, a commercial product, which is a few
> hundred
> dollars per core you run it on.

It sounded like SGE was commercial too, do you mean proprietary? It's
really very important to separate those two. Confusion leads to FOSS
becoming charity and business mandating proprietary erroneously.

Martin,