Open Source Dictionaries

You can't have an "open source" version of a dictionary database. What I
think you mean is Free Culture (creative commons, public domain anything
like that)

You could just script a download of wiktionary.

You could have a FOSS dictionary software that reads a database though.
So which is it? A FOSS program able to read any dictionary even a
privatly licensed one, or a free culture dictionary?

Martin,