some ruminations on saving money, power, etc.

On 09/29/2010 01:52 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 01:06:29PM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>> One question, why don't you allow the systems to sleep. Or at least le=
>> the display turn off.  I think the best thing to do is to move in with=

>> Coats and get your power from the TVA :-)
>>    =20
> The displays turn off on all the machines. The server and the
> Myth box don't sleep because they need to be awake. The other
> machines that don't sleep, aren't sleeping because I can't get
> them to sleep.
>  =20
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my display (Fedora 13) was not
sleeping. At the time I had been hacking at the Android emulator, and I
think it does something to prevent the display going to sleep, but after
I exited both Eclipse and well as the emulator, the display still would
not sleep.  It did after a reboot. I wanted to see if it was something
in Fedora 13 or Eclipse/Emulator. The screen saver was working and my
Kilauea shots were coming up. So it is either that the emulator is
somehow turning the power save features off by design or inhibiting them
by accident.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846