Centos, RHEL, ______, SLES

As I recall, vmware has a guest OS template for "generic" linux. I would expect
that opensuse can be installed using it.

I would also assume that vmware-tools is available in source form, and
it should
be possible to compile it for opensuse, if you really need to use vmware-tools
as opposed to using vnc or a remote x11 session to access a desktop on opensuse.