OSS for education

Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone in this list ever implementing OSS for
business process in educational institution (e.g. school, university).
I and a friend are investigating OSS usability for a school. We are
interested in knowing if it is possible to leverage OSS (preferably
free OSS) to support a school in both the school management process
and the education process. At the moment, we are having difficulties
in defining the metric to measure usability and selecting business
process worth for investigation.

We are still in a very early stage. I would really love to discuss our
current work with anyone having interest in it. Please contact me in
private mode.

Thx,
-bas