Linux, AD, and sharing folders?

On 10/05/2010 07:36 PM, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> So, what are the magical files and commands on the Linux side to
> permit anyone on the domain to smb mount a shared folder on a Linux
> machine that is on the AD domain?

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will
fear no...AAAAHHHH, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!?"

Bullet List:
   o Kerberos config (/etc/krb5.conf)
   o Win7 vs. WinXP vs. Win2k
   o Try OSX vi "Apple-K", "smb://<ip-addr>", same credentials
   o Connect using FQDN
   o Turn up samba logging
   o tcpdump/ethereal
   o Unbind a Windows machine and retry

That's just to start. The one's I'd try first would be the OSX machine
and the Windows-unbound. Those will tell you whether you can connect at
all. There are literally thousands of things that can go wrong with
this, none of them actually unusual. It could be the server config, the
client config, the domain config, even the DNS. If it were easy, there
wouldn't be all of those third-party helper tools. ;-)

Grant M
--
Grant Mongardi
Senior Systems Engineer