vps suggestions

ok, i went off half cocked.  looks like i can use postgre.  here's a
chat log.

[QUOTE]
M. Schroder: Hi!  How can I help?

you: can i run postgresql on the vps?

M. Schroder: Yes, although you'd need to set it up manually on a Web VPS.=

you: really? cool. i saw this and got worried.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Unsupported_Technologies

you: ok. one more question for you. i clicked to set up a vps at around
3pm EST and no response yet. how long should i wait before shooting an
email to support?

M. Schroder: it usually takes up to 2 days to provision, so I wouldn't
be worried.

M. Schroder: You can check in tomorrow though, if you don't see one by th=
en

you: sweet. many thanks for your help!

M. Schroder: Sure thing

M. Schroder: have a good one, and thanks for contacting DreamHost.

[/QUOTE]

so i can use my favorite db.  the vps takes a little longer to set up
than expected but no big deal.

thanks again,
eric c.