2xE5620 or 1xE5630

Hi BLU!

I'm thinking of scratching my itch by upgrading my desktop. I'm settling
on the 5600 based Xeon system with a supermicro x8dtl board. The
question I'm pondering is whether I should spend $570 on one E5630 Xeon
processor or spend $770 on two E5620 Xeon processors.... My goal is to
have a desktop in which I don't have to worry about how many virtual
system I have running at once... Well to a finite extent... 2 - 4
virtual systems.... It seems that spending an extra $200 and doubling
the number of cores but sacrificing .18 GHz may be worth it....

Any comments?

Do you guys know if RHEL will support the 5500 chip set?

Cheers. Steve.