Comcast, VZ-DSL, Galaxy; and service differences/problems

Richard Pieri <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> noted:
> You get what you pay for.  If you have "real" needs for
> bandwidth then why are you even looking at asymmetric DSL ...

Forgive my pseudo-political commentary du jour during what is probably a very
upsetting week for most of y'all, blue *or* red:  didn't the voters just point
out a truism of American economics these days:

  You *don't* usually get what you pay for.

Having been in and out of the Internet biz for years, I can testify to the
fact that providers charge whatever amount they feel like for whatever trivial
feature set they feel like selling.  Pricing no longer has *anything* to do
with the actual cost of service delivery.  Period.  (I could apply the same
argument to health care, but I think I'd better stick with my own industry!)

The above truism, beside a vague concern for our 401(k)s and home equity 20
years down the road, is why we're all mad as hell and not gonna take it
anymore... until we pony up for our Comcast/Verizon/RCN bill next month ;-)

cheers--
-rich