GIT vs. CVS vs. SVN

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>...While most of our projects will involved
> no more than 2 people, I do need to make sure that all the data is
> backed up properly.

If people are going to do development on laptops and like most people
the laptops aren't backed up that often; GIT could be a problem.  With
CVS or SVN, its typical to have every checkin go to a central server
which you can make redundant/backup as much as required.   A developer
who gets good with "git rebase" could do a lot of work locally before
ever modifying anything on a central server.  You'll want to setup
some kind of workflow to deal with this.

Bill Bogstad