"Simple" Linux Management Tool?

I've Googled around a bit and everything seems much larger and more complex
than my needs.  I'll start with what I'm trying to accomplish:

I need to monitor information about one (or a few down the road) Centos
machines.  My basic need right now is to be able to track a few system
memory parameters (free memory, buffers, swap) and some process specific
ones (i.e. RSS of a particular process).  Down the line I'd be looking at
other parameters (CPU%, etc).  If I can put them all up on a single live
chart even better.  My desktop is Ubuntu 10.04 if the
collection/management/display is better suited for a more recent distro.

Nagios, Ganglia, and Zabbix all seem like way more than I need (and are more
difficult to setup/configure because of that).  I hate to say it but Windows
Performance Monitor (perfmon) is _exactly_ what I'm looking for.

Ideas or suggestions?

-Tim