Fedora moving to wayland

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Am I one of the few people who actually use "ssh -X" to login to a
> server and display an application locally?

No, you're not.

> Anything that doesn't let me do this on a per-application basis is a
> non-starter.

FTFA:
          "When I say 'rdp-like' I mean 'install enough awareness of
the possibility of remoting in the rendering system that remoting can
send a rendering command stream instead of raw pixels if that seems to
be a win'. Wordy, I admit," Jackson details, "And, obviously, much
more work than just vnc-like scraping. But it's a serious win for WAN
links, and is the only viable way to remote 3D, etc."

This is just like ssh -X. Yes, it's far off, but no one is talking
about making remoting a thing of the past.

Gordon