Upgrade a CVS server to something else?

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Kent Borg
>
> David Miller wrote:
> > I've always been under the impression that Subversion supported Tags.
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s06.html
> >

> [Religious dispute warning...]
>
> No, svn support only supports copies. However, if you design your
> directory tree carefully, and exercise discipline in how you use it, you
> can maybe agree with your co-workers as to which copies are tags, which
> copies are branches, and which copies are actually copies.
>
> Remember, your directory tree should also reflect the organization of
> your source code.

Uggh.

I support svn all over the place, and there's a grain of truth in the above,
which is misleading.  True svn's idea of tagging is different from other
versioning systems, but the default configuration is "directory tree
carefully designed" as stated above.  The default root of a new svn
repository tree includes three directories:  branches, tags, and trunk.  So
unless you decided to delete the "tags" directory, then svn natively
supports tags via directories.