backups

Right now I have 5 Windows servers ( a mix of virtualized and physical).
 They all use an agent that take a snap shot every 15 minutes and stores the
snap shot on a dedicated server.  The server uploads the snapshots to a
remote storage service off site.

What I'm using is managed by our IT company, but I don't have much faith in
the product as I'm not able to manage/test it myself.

Next year I'm looking at Acronis backups.  Acronis takes mountable,
encrypted snap shots of your system.  The images can be restored to
dissimilar hardware.  They have also included an offsite backup solution in
their newest version.  A downloadable demo version that has all of the
features (except for the off site storage).  The demo stays active for 2
weeks.  I tested everything, including the encryption and was impressed with
the ease of use and relaibility.  There is a Linux agent as well for this
backup solution.

for my linux server I back up to tapes every night (full backups).  I have a
thumb drive that is used to backup critical system and configuration files,
and have a clonezilla backup of the base image of the server.

Chris