Gmail no longer loads on Firefox

Not only did I restart it the other day, I rebooted because
OpenOffice
> was flaky. There had been an update affecting Open Office and it would
> not load until I restarted X. But this is even stranger because gmail
> was working fine the Friday. I went to make a phone call yesterday and
> gmail simply would not load. I just restarted Firefox and same symptom.
> Everything else seems to be working fine in Firefox including iGoogle
> with its gmail box. I've been removing some of my plugins but at this
> point, no effect. Interesting that firefox on my Netbook (also 3.6.13
> 64-bit) works fine also.
>
> I'm going to the Galley diner in a few minutes. What I might do is
> reinstall firefox.
I've seen posts on Fedoraforum regarding similar issues. One
of the solutions suggested is to open about:config in
Firefox and do the following:

filter for "network.dns.disableIPv6" and change the value to
true. It was stated that IPv6 addresses are searched first
before resolving IPv4 and can hang for some reason.

Hope it gets resolved

Jim K-R