dim-dim dead, or living through salesforce

Hi Doug,

Here is a Google cache page about the management team.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EmjDGOYJmGIJ:www.dimdim.com/aboutus/dimdim_managementteam.html+aboutus+dimdim+management+team&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There is better info available on the wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimdim

It was a venture-capital backed start-up all along.  I'm surprised it took
them this long to sell.  I don't truly know the dynamics of the industry,
but I know that the products offered by the big "incumbents" seemed lousy.
 The "hot" new entrant seemed really promising except for the fact that they
named the company DumDum - oh, excuse me, it's DimDim - much better ;-)
 Anyway, I can see that it makes sense for Salesforce to aquire them.  What
makes me sad is that it means that opensource is losing ground to closed
source products because companies continue to buy out the open source
products.

Time to start learning about the Big Blue Button
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BigBlueButton

Greg Rundlett