So little actual software development in software engineering roles

On 01/09/2011 11:01 PM, Mark Woodward wrote:
> I have been looking around for positions having had my last project
> canceled. I'm so tired, it seems like "software development" is more
> "software integration" these days.

> Maybe I'm old and washed up.

I think this depends a lot on the company.  IMO, you find this a lot at
large, established companies.  (e.g., I used to find this a lot at Wall
St. banks.)

So IMO (and granted, I don't know a lot about your specific situation
here, so I'm just speculating) the companies that you're looking at are
what's old and washed up.  I see a tremendous amount of new development
going on, but it's largely with smaller startups.

Just my $0.02.

DR