Emacs Lisp question

The macro definitions are generated by Emacs itself. You define the kbd macro (as if you're executing the command) in the editor and name it. Then go to your .emacs file and then do insert-last-named-macro and emacs inserts the above text with the full syntax (as quoted). I don't need to figure out the exact syntax or the key codes or anything else. The user can then optionally define a key binding to the macro if desired (as I did). Doesn't seem like a big deal/effort for a one time task that significantly improves productivity.

-Nilanjan