Firefox IE mode on Linux?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Jack Coats <jack-rp9/bkPP+cDYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> In a former job I used this to test web sites in IE. ?It worked well.
> The normal one supports IE 5, 5.5, and 6
> They say the beta supports IE 7, 8, 9

There is also the "winetricks" script which can download and install a
bunch of different freely downloadable Windows software into your wine
environment.   The current version claims to be able to install IE 6,
7, and 8.  Info here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Note: I've often found that web page to be a release or two behind the
functionality available in the current script.   If the version date
documented there isn't recent (last month or so), I tend to download a
new copy anyway and use diff to see what's changed.

Finally, many websites need plugins as well as particular browser
versions.  My experience with wine/winetricks with the "standard"
browser plugins for Windows' browsers has been problematic.
Depending on the web site this may not matter to you.

Bill Bogstad