keyboard trends

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 08:06:56AM -0500, Rich Braun wrote:
> Looking at the bottom of this heavyweight beast, it says the following:
>
> IBM
> Model No. KB-8923
> Power Rating 5V 200mA
> S/N: 0132228
> Date: 1996-07

I bought my first Model M at the MIT Flea in '99 or so.  It has a date code
from 1986 on the bottom of it.

I used it until this summer when I ended up with a PC that has no PS/2
ports, and the AT<->PS/2<->USB adaptor set up failed to result in a working
keyboard.

At that point I bought a Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/

And I have totally fallen in love with it.  It's the best keyboard I've
ever used.  It is nicely tactile with a good clicky sound and requires
less force than the Model M to actuate the keys.

Highly recommended.

-ben

--
a lot of people never use their initiative because nobody told them to.
                                                               <banksy>