wireless keyboards

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Mark J Dulcey <mark-OGhnF3Lt4opAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 1/19/2011 6:15 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> > Tom Martinson wrote:
> >> ...and it has to have a cord, no wireless.
> >
> > What's the consensus on wireless vs. wired keyboards?
> >
> > Years ago I avoided wireless keyboards and mice because they were
> > notoriously unreliable. But the technology has improved, and I've been
> > using a wireless mouse for several years without problems.
> >
> > There's more of an advantage to wireless with mice than with keyboards,
> > given that the mouse "tail" tends to get in the way when you are using
> > it. But at times a wireless keyboard could be useful too.
> >
> > The reviews I've read lately show that some wireless keyboards are still
> > exhibiting reliability problems, but the broader issue apparently is a
> > slight delay they introduce, which supposedly is bad for gaming.
> >
> > The benefit to wireless doesn't seem worth the bother - at least not for
> > a work desktop - so I'm only considering wired models.
> >
> >   -Tom
>
> I use a 2.4GHz Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo on one of my
> computers, and it's solid so long as the batteries are good. It needs a
> new pair of AAA batteries at something between 3 and 6 month intervals.
> I haven't noticed any lag but I don't use it for first person shooter
> games.

I've been using the M$ Laser Wireless Desktop 6000 for quite a while both at
work and home, and the battery life on it is very good.  Much better than
the battery life on my apple keyboard and mouse.  I've always been quite
surprised how well M$ hardware works.  Of course it's probably not made by
anyone that works for M$, probably made by a 3rd party company.

-matt