wireless keyboards

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 08:00:30AM -0500, Matthew Gillen wrote:

> I can't bring myself to use a wireless keyboard.  I just don't like the
> idea of broadcasting my passwords out to anyone within listening
> distance.  Wireless mice don't bother me so much; there is only one site
> I use that uses a clicky password, and even then you have the option of
> using the keyboard or clicking on the numbers.
>
> I can see a use case for wireless keyboards as a MythTV remote, but
> that's a particular use case where passwords are not typically needed.

I use a wireless keyboard as my second MythTV remote. (The first
is a fairly generic universal, which gets most of the use.)

As it happens, the wireless mechanism is infrared. This is bad
in the sense that the keyboard needs a relatively clear line of
sight to the receiver, and good in the sense that anyone who
wants to listen in on the passwords I type will need to be in
that line of sight.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.