sendmail makes my head spin :-)

<j.natowitz-KealBaEQdz4 at public.gmane.org> writes:

> But for particular situations, mail needs to be sent to a particular
> user on a particular Unix system.  None of these systems are in the
> corporate DNS, and that will not change.  They all are in the NIS
> hosts DB.  Is there a way, using either sendmail or postfix, to say
> that email of the form user at system should NOT be sent to
> corpmail.foo.com, but directly to "system"?  I'd prefer to continue
> using sendmail, unless there is a compelling reason to go to
> postfix.

    While my memory of sendmail has long since been garbage collected,
it's likely that sendmail calls this a "mailertable".  Search for it
in the current configuration docs.

    Postfix will happily do stuff like by way of a transport table.
You have something like:

in postfix's main.cf, and then the transport map contains entries
like:

unixbox.example.com		smtp:[destination.example.com]

See the manpage transport(5) for the precise details of the table
format.