No-cost web hosting for home business

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 13:23, Rob Hasselbaum <rob-IdUdaS/NwSyQrzRDRVclEQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all. Can anyone recommend a company that offers very basic web hosting
> for a home business at no cost? I have experience with several large hosting
> providers, but the features they offer are overkill and too expensive for
> this project. All that's really needed here is a single HTML page with a
> form that generates an email. Very little traffic expected. I took a look at
> Google Sites, but they force you into using their WYSIWYG interface to
> create and style pages, which is a little annoying.

Have you tried looking into pages.github.com?  You can commit static
HTML files got a git repository and they'll host it for free.  You can
point a custom domain name to their server, or just use a
'username.github.com' hostname.  The catch?  Unless you spend about $7
a month for a micro account, you git repository needs to be "public"
and visible to anyone.  For a collection of static pages, this
shouldn't matter.

Never had any experience with email form submission services that are
compatible with static websites so I can't recommend anything.  One of
the following links might lead to something that works though:
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2010/09/free-contact-form-services-generators/
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/16-free-ajax-contact-forms-for-a-better-user-experience/

Cheers,

Daniel Hedlund