Resizing VirtualBox disk

On 02/05/2011 05:58 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2011, at 4:57 PM, David Kramer wrote:
>>
>> Funny story: I only had 12MB left on the VM.  Windows XP doesn't come
>> with a partition resizing tool, and I didn't have enough disk space left
>> to install one ;)
>
> Boot a GNU Parted Live CD and use that to resize the partition after expanding the disk image.

I thought of that, but I couldn't wrap my head around how to boot a VM
off a real CD.  I think if I shared the CD drive and held down some
magic key that would have worked, but I didn't figure that out until
after I already downloaded a freeware program to do it in Windows.

I'm really liking this windows VM concept.  SO much easier than a second
laptop or rebooting.  Almost makes me want to reclaim the Windows
partition of my main laptop for Linux, but I know if I do that there
will be something I can't do in XP that I'll need Vista for.