New Router Suggestions

On 02/08/2011 10:42 PM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> Over the years I've found the Linksys routers to be THE LEAST reliable.=

>  Mine have failed every year or 16 months like clockwork.
>
> Belkin is good, so is netgear.  Go with a midrange model.  Configuratio=
n is
> similar on most of the mid-range routers.

Chris I agree with you on Linksys as their equipment over the past few
years has been bad. At one time Linksys routers were very good for their
price and performance.

 As far as Belkin is concerned, everything I have ever had from Belkin
didn't work properly.

Netgear has always made decent products. I have 3 24 port gigabit
switches that have worked very well. I bought a D-Link DIR-655 router
from MicroCenter a few years ago and it has not missed a beat. When I
bought it they had 2 rebates bringing the price to under $100. In my
house I need extended range, and my wife can easily use the wireless
from the den which is an addition upstairs and a few rooms away from the
router.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846