kernel panic

I have seen such things be thermal related.

Even though it is a laptop, open it up or have a tech do it and clean
it out.  Dust, lint, etc build up and can cause thermal overload.  It
is very dusty were we live, and I have this as an issue in desktops
here.

My son had a laptop at college and found that it had a lot of lint in
it.  I am guessing because he used it on a bed.

The next thing I would check is memory.  Run a long running memory
test.  Memory sticks do go bad, but not often.

Let us know how it goes.