Diagnosing connection issue

On 02/14/2011 08:03 PM, edwardp-jjFNsPSvq+iXDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> David Kramer wrote:.
>

>> It sounds to me like it's losing DNS, not connectivity.  Try accessing=
>> website via IP address instead of domain name next time this happens.
>>   =20
> The connection just hung again, same result using an IP address.  After=
=20
> a delay of 10-15 seconds, the page begins to load in.
I'm not sure the issue is entirely network related. Did other services
on that system run ok. Is there something that is hogging all the CPU
time for a short period. I found that Thunderbird would occasionally use
100% CPU. You might want to run top(1) in a terminal to see what the
system is doing when firefox (or seamonkey) freezes.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846