30% Apple

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of David Kramer
>
> To the best of my knowledge, and certainly a year or so ago when I had
> to make this decision, stock Android calendar/contacts/etc would not
> sync with any desktop app without the data going through some web-based
> service.  Not under Windows and certainly not under Linux.

I don't know because I don't do that.  I happily sync to my exchange &
google accounts.  What would you like to do, sync via USB or wifi or
bluetooth or something?  Direct to what applications?  Outlook or something
else?

If it's going to sync without any cloud services involved, there will need
to be an app on the PC that connects over wifi, bluetooth, or usb...  Or
else there will need to be a server on the PC, and a sync app in the phone
which is configured to connect to the PC server.

I don't mind looking for one briefly...  It is certainly much easier to find
apps in the phone than it is to find the same app using the computer and
internet.  Just what most people do, I think.  Is there any specific
requirement or subset of the above you care about?

It is something most people don't care about, so it's entirely possible that
there may not have been sufficient demand for anybody to create such an
app...

BTW, why do you care?