30% Apple

Hi Jack,

Jailbreaking the iphone will give you the ability to install apps not
sold/distributed in the App Store.

Unfortunately, and mostly because jailbreaking is not mainstream, the apps
distributed to a jailbroken phone aren't as smooth running (if they run at
all) as those found in the App Store.

For example, I jailbroke my iphone a few months ago and found that because
the firmware version was too high on my phone many of the apps (the terminal
command prompt, wifi hotspot) simply wouldn't load or in some cases wouldn't
even install.

Because there is no real competition among app stores using the iPhone a lot
of the 3rd party apps aren't very polished.