dual monitors

On 2/21/2011 6:15 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Matthew Gillen wrote:
>> Are the monitors of the same resolution?
>
> No.

I think this might be part of the issue.  I had a co-worker who had this
same issue you describe (with ubuntu), I have a msg out to see if/how he
fixed it.

>> For reference, I have twinview enabled...
>
> Which version of GNOME? NVIDIA driver?

gnome: 2.32 (fedora 14)
nvidia: 260.19.36

> Is your primary screen on the right or left?

Left.  And the gnome panels are only on the left monitor.  Interestingly
enough, the gdm login prompt randomly appears on one screen or the
other.  But the gnome panels are always on the primary.

>> Splash screens show up in the center of one screen (instead of split
>> across the middle of both like you describe).
>
> Most applications handle it correctly. I was expecting the less used
> ones to have issues, but I was surprised to see something as mainstream
> as OOo not handling it correctly.

When you maximize a window, does it stick to one screen or does it go
across the whole desktop?

Matt