30% Apple

On 02/23/2011 09:19 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> So far I don't notice any difference in coverage, but metropcs says 90%=
 of
> America, while t-mobile says 96%.
I love the commercials. Basically, AT&T advertises that they cover 97%
of all Americans, but they have targeted the major metro areas.
One reason I stayed with AT&T (formerly Cingular) is because at my
house, while I don't get a good signal, I was able to compare Cingular
and Verizon a few years ago and Cingular had a signal on my front porch
where Verizon had no signal. I generally can get data while inside, but
not voice. I think that some doctors blocked a cell tower in Newton a
few years ago so there is not very good service. When Cingular acquired
AT&T Wireless (before SWB bought AT&T and rebranded), the signals
degraded for a month, but then got much better. I check traffic on my
street as I am leaving because back when Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless
the traffic would determine which direction I went out of my driveway.
Today it really does not matter since the direction to work is the same
for the first mile. The first 6 months after the merger, wireless
service on my street was very spotty, but it has imporved quite a bit
since.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846