list netiquette

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:19:36PM -0500, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2011, at 10:05 PM, Derek Martin wrote:
> >
> > The only sticking point may be your "fully" qualifier... I have no
> > idea what you mean by that.  They all support replying to mailing
> > lists distinctly from sender and all.  Some require appropriate list
> > headers be set (which mailman sets), and others have additional means
> > to identify mailing lists.
>
> That's it in a nutshell.  Operations are inconsistent across
> multiple mailing lists and alias expansions.

I don't think that's actually fair to say, though.  The number escapes
me at the moment, but there's an RFC that defines a number of  headers
for mailing lists.  AFAIK all of the mentioned mail clients honor
those, i.e. they all conform to the standard.  Some have additional
means to decide whether something is or is not a mailing list...

-=-=-=-=-