Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, March 16, 2011 Agile Programming

When: March 16, 2011 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topic: Agile Programming
Moderator: Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
Location: MIT Building E51, Room 395

A talk about Agile programming methodologies

Nancy Van Schooenderwoert has extensive experience in large scale
real-time systems for flight simulation and ship sonars where she held
positions in electrical engineering, systems engineering, and software
engineering, as well as test design. She brings this systems perspective
to her current work in XP Coaching for real-time and embedded systems.
Her experience includes software development for safety-critical
applications such as factory machine control and medical devices. Having
seen the problems fostered by a "Hero" approach to software development
she became convinced that a team approach is the best way to build
reliable systems efficiently.

    Her recent work involved leading a team to build embedded software
for a scientific instrument. She used Extreme Programming (XP)
successfully and is working on a paper to detail the software metrics
that were collected over 3 years of this development effort. She is a
Founder, Extreme Programmer & Coach at XP Embedded Co., based in
Lexington, MA. She is interested in the issues of technical management,
especially the dynamics of team empowerment. Other interests include
recreational mathematics especially nonperiodic tilings, and  inventing
games. She will soon be publishing a game based on penrose tilings. She
holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from Rochester
Institute of Technology.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org
Please note that there is usually plenty of free parking in the E-51
parking lot at 2 Amherst St, or directly on Amherst St.

After the meeting we will adjourn to the official after meeting meeting
location at the Asgard Irish Pub & Restaurant, 350 Massachusetts Avenue
This is the first time we've gone to the Asgard so we'd like some feedbac=
k.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846