Routers (with some humor)

Not too long ago, I asked on the list for suggestions on a new router.
I eventually purchased a Netgear N600 model WNDR3400 router.

I recently returned, a Netgear N600 model WNDR3400 router.

Right out of the box, the firmware was found to by buggy, the router
actually wanted to spend its days in sunny California, as it refused to
be let out of the Pacific Time Zone.

Coupled with the fact that when this problem was reported to Netgear's
(advertised) "Technical Support", where a total of five e-mails,
received from a total of four different technicians, /all/ told me that
"they have a better understanding of the problem and need to elevate it
to a higher level.", I then made a decision to attempt to return it to
the place of purchase, which had a 14-day return policy on
"technology".  If "Technical Support" couldn't fix a problem after
reaching the "5th level" of "technical support", it really was, a
problem.

Because it was after the 14-day return period had lapsed, I was not
sure the retailer would accept it back.  Luckily, the manager on
duty was kind enough to made an exception and accepted the defective
Netgear N600 Model WNDR3400 router.

It was exchanged for a Cisco Linksys E2000 router, which has no issues
whatsoever being in the Eastern Time Zone.  :-)

Enjoy your weekend.