IPv6 and Firewall traversal (let's try this again)

Ok, that other thread got kind of out of control.  So let's try this
question again, in a different way:

Given:  When using IPv6, some people will use NAT, others won't.  Each
person can make their own decision.  If you want to dispute that, please
start a new thread instead of this one.  I've had that discussion here
before, and I'm done with it.

Whether you NAT or NOT, most will agree it's a bad idea to expose your
toaster, watch, TV, laptop and everything to the unsolicited inbound traffic
from the wild wild web.

Therefore, a stateful firewall packet filter at the perimeter is necessary
to block inbound unsolicited traffic.

Therefore, p2p in general is broken.  Unless....

Unless there is a protocol or solution of some sort, that allows internal
devices to reconfigure the perimeter firewall to allow the inbound traffic.
Such tasks are currently done via NAT-PMP and IGD, but those unfortunately
seem to be IPv4 only.  So...  What's the solution for IPv6?